Thursday, July 26, 2012

Is That Possible, God?

God commands me to love Him with ALL of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  This morning, these thoughts ran through my head: Is that even possible?!  To love God with ALL my heart?  I'm human - I'm gonna fail - there's no way I could do that!  But then I remembered a truth someone told me: God wouldn't give me something to do without enabling me to do it... He won't say, "I command you to do this. But you have to figure out how to do it!"  Um....No.  That is not the Heavenly Father I know.  He is faithful, and WILL equip me to accomplish the task He has laid before me to do. 

So....Yes.  Loving God with ALL my heart IS impossible...if I try to do it on my own.  The only way I can love Him with ALL my heart is through Him.  Fancy that! I can't even love God on my own -  I need His grace (power) to help me to love Him as I ought.

“He who calls you IS faithful; He will surely do it."  1 Thessalonians 5:24

No comments:

Post a Comment