Saturday, April 26, 2014

thankfulness through my lens || april 25


.. dirty dishes .. 


Why dirty dishes?!  It's the sign of food. A meal.  A time that has been shared with other people.  
It means that I spent time with the people I love most.  

I am so thankful for my family.  I would not be who I am today without them.  They encourage me. Challenge me.  Inspire me. Pray for me.  Make me laugh.  Cry with me.  Put up with my craziness and annoying-ness (hey, that's what siblings are for, right?!) 

I know that my family life is not normal, and for that, I am thankful.  When so many families are breaking apart, and hate being together, that is not the case for us.  We see each other a lot, and still enjoy being together.  We loves playing board games - like all the time.  My siblings are my bestest friends.  My parents? Incredible.  

Do we have bad days? ohhhh yes.  Do we fight? We're human - duh.  Are there days that I want to clobber my siblings, and vice-versa? ohhhbviously. (hehe, love you guys ;D ) 

But we forgive.  We do second chances.  We remind.  We encourage.  We share.  We play together.  We pray together.  We work together. And clean together.  And dance together.  And cry together.  And eat together… 

And this is only by the mercy and grace of Jesus Christ.  Why He chose us? I have no idea.  But, I am so thankful for the family He has put me in.  

I know that this is only for a season.  That tomorrow this could all be different.  So, I want to relish the season of life, and place that God has me in right now - even if that means washing dirty dishes.  




{And yes, you can remind me of this in a couple days, Mom. ;) }  

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Reminds me of a poem I learned years ago that started like this:
    Thank God for dirty dishes,
    They have a tale to tell,
    While others might be hungry,
    We have been eating well.

    I don't remember the rest, but I have had those first four lines run through my mind more often than I can count when faced with a stack of dirty dishes.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirty dishes...what amazing perspective!

    ReplyDelete