Saturday, March 22, 2014

thankfulness through my lens || march 22


\\ the promise of spring \\ 


It has been winter for so long - not just outside, but in my soul.  However…yesterday,  I sensed the smallest seed of spring sprout in my soul…

I was reminded that after every winter comes the promise of spring. 



Spring.  

The season when all that was dead comes to life.  The season when all that was gray becomes vibrant and full of color.  And the season in which hope is renewed.

In this life I will experience pain, and betrayal, and loss and confusion and grief… Yet, I can make it through with joy because of Jesus.  because He promises to be with me every step of the way.  

He promises to comfort me.  and He is there - catching every tear that I cry.

I can make it through because He promises to meet me in my brokenness and heal my hurting heart. 

He promises that He makes all things beautiful in His time…



He promises that His mercies will be there, waiting for me, every morning. 

He promises that His plans are better than mine - even when it seems that His plans are horrible at the moment. 

He promises that I can live an abundant life - with purpose. 

He promises that He can and will redeem the years that the locusts have eaten.  

He promises to take that which the enemy intended for evil and turn it into something good. 

And He promises that one day He will bring me to a place where there is no death, no pain, and no tears.  Just joy.  Perfect, unhindered, everlasting joy.  Forever. 



Spring is on it's way. 



(I already linked it, but go read the post that inspired me to write this. click >here<

9 comments:

  1. I think you should shutterfly this stuff!!! -- It's a blessing and hard bound copy will one day be a real blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually am, Nancy! =) After you sent me that email, I started making a photo book, and am really excited about!!

      Delete
  2. Abiding in the Vine...What precious truths that are guiding your journey with Jesus, Bailey - I'm so encouraged by your sharing! Your photography is stunning - a true gift from above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last picture is one of my favorites. As much as I love your focus on flowers...spring...new birth,
    I love your focus/fixation on GOD's truth even more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That 3rd image!! Be still my soul. It's so gorgeous Bailey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful ...everything, the pics and your words. Just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete