Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Just Remembering

"Precious memories, how they linger,
how they ever flood my soul!
In the stillness, of the midnight,
precious, sacred scenes unfold."

I am back home after my wonderful trip to Colorado.  I was gone for five days and only one of the days I was not in the car... :P  However, the long hours in the car was worth it, cause I had a marvelous time at Ellerslie plus, some sweet times with my Papa.

Friday night, Amy and Tessa (our house-mates from CO) invited the students over from the school, and I had a nice evening chatting with the girls.  I was encouraged and challenged by two particular girls, especially by their faith in Christ and their love and devotion to Him.  After talking to the girls something stirred within my soul, something that hadn't been there in months - a desire to spend time with Jesus. Our God is so merciful and loving to me!!

On Saturday morning, I had a wonderful time with my Savior.  A time of praising, confessing, waiting, reading and praying.....and at the end of our time together, I was filled with His joy and His peace! Praise the King! He is so worthy! I went for a walk around campus, taking in all the beauty and in awe that God chose me and my family to live there for three months! (Wow)










Then my dad and I went out for breakfast, came back to the house and began packing up the trailer.  We were interrupted by, (a welcome interruption, let  me tell ya') a friend who had, (obviously), came to see us.  It was so fun/good to catch up with him - to hear how God has been working in his life, and how God is using him to bring about revival in his church - and to reminisce and laugh over old times.

After he left my dad and I went over to another friend's house and had dinner with him, his girlfriend and their A-dorable son!! I played dinosaurs and horses, and even got to meet his fish Henry! *sigh* :D  Then, we went over to Cool Berry's and ate some frozen yogurt, with some of the gals from the school.  And two of my friends from South Africa sang me two birthday songs in Africanse! :D  T'was quite fun!
me and gabe =)
Sunday morning, my dad and I went out for coffee (:D) and then went to Church. Again, I loved seeing some dear sisters in the Lord, and talking with them - hearing what Christ had been doing in their life - and getting plenty of hugs! Following that, we had some incredible worship and a very challenging and great message!! (go to the link, and click on "sermons" and listen to, "The Decision Man."  It's not up yet, otherwise I would just link it. :P )

It was sad to leave so soon, but I left with a renewed vision, placed by God, that made me excited for the things to come! I know He is in control, and He has a plan for my life!  AND......He is the same God no matter where I am - Windsor, Colorado or Frederic, Wisconsin! I am SO thankful that I got to go back....Jesus did have a greater purpose for us there than just getting our stuff.... He is such a faithful and loving Savior!  Oh I love Him! =) 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had an awesome time! And that God was drawing you near to Him. And I confess, I giggled a little when you used the word "t'was" =D

    ReplyDelete