Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Camping Trip!

This past weekend my fam and I went to Pattison State Park for the weekend. To sum up the weekend in one word - COLD.  (jk)  But seriously, I was freezing the whole weekend (except for a couple hours in the camper when we turned the stove on and when we went to the movie theaters.) :P  Despite the cold and wind, we managed to have a fun time!  We arrived on Friday night and set up our camper in the dark....Charlie and Anna played Hide-and-Go-Seek in our tiny campsite, but they got creative with their hiding spots. :P  We hung around the campfire, drank tea, played cribbage, froze, talked.....then went to bed.

Now, my most favorite part of camping trips is waking up early in the morning and sitting by the fire with a cup of good ole' campfire coffee, (it just means really strong coffee, for those of you who don't camp) and reading a good book or talking with my family.  oh man..one of the best things in the world..... =)





(we hardly saw this girl all weekend - she was lost in a good book....can't really blame her) ;)


lots of this going on - Charlie kicked booty!

(take note of Anna reading her book...again.)



guys...i was really cold.  really. 




 It was my parents 23rd anniversary!  Wow, peoples...God has blessed me with some incredible people to love me, protect me, teach me, walk with me, laugh at, learn from and follow their example.  They just love Jesus, and desire His Truth to be real in their lives.  And I praise the Lord for giving me to them. =) 
.~.~.~.~.~.
We went for a two hour hike around the park.  Most of the trails were closed, which was a bummer, but we still found one trail and enjoyed the sunny, beautiful day.



 LOVE the cuteness of my mother



























1...2...3... POSE!
(try it sometime...its fun) 








 (Anna took this one and I thought it was pretty durn cool)
 








We were listening to my father explain about the scientific complications of something....or the history of the this or that....or a really good story...I don't really know which one.  (Notice each of our faces.)  :P


 he, he!












 the giggly

 the goofball


and the gorgeous

Saturday morning, while we were drinking out coffee and enjoying the campfire, Mom decided that we needed more wood....so she started swinging the ax.  It was funny!  Then Anna and Charlie wanted to join in the competition and each took turns swingin' and choppin.  Anna was the only one who was able to chop a log in half!  Go girl!




 mighty ax man!


 look at his giant log that he chopped :P
 




Later that afternoon, after some more Cribbage and lunch, we went into Duluth and watched "Courageous." It was awesome!  It was funny, sobering, serious, sweet, challenging......they did a fantastic job! And its now one of my favorites.  When we got back to our windy, cold campsite, played more Cribbage, and took a nap.  We decided to pack it up and head home.  It was a fun weekend...filled with funny, sweet memories of some really fantastic people. =)  (No, that's not a biased opinion.) :P  Ahh.....good times. *smiles*

4 comments:

  1. I Love all the Amazing photography... and the crazy pics of your family really remind me of my family!!!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a blast! Your photography just keeps getting better and better! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really liked this post! Doesn't love feel warm in such a weather! :D Glad you had such a great time ^^ And you and Anna are so beautiful! You both look like your Mum! =) Miss you all so much, a hug for all of you ^^

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete