Monday, April 25, 2011

Hallelujah, Our Lord is Risen!


"Oh hallelujah, our Lord is risen! He rose up from the grave!
Death is defeated, the stone's been rolled back,
the tomb is empty where He lay!"


Here's a small compilation of my weekend's happenings...
On Saturday, my grandparents came up to celebrate Easter with us. Egg dying is an Easter tradition in my family and something which I enjoy doing. My mom however, forgot that there was three kids and not two, so she didn't boil enough eggs. :( But, I did get to dye a couple of my brother's eggs.... =) 'Twas fun!









  oh yes! and these are some Jello eggs that Charlie and my mom made.  We had fun snacking on them!





On Resurrection Sunday, we woke up bright and early for our "Easter Sunrise Service."  I always look forward to this day - it's such a special time! I love the excitement of getting up before dawn and then putting on warm clothes and hauling blankets up to the hill.  Then watching the sun rise as we sing hymns and listen to people share how God has been working in there lives.  After that, we all gather together for an early breakfast of egg-bake, weiners, cinnamon rolls and orange juice!
However, by nine o'clock everyone's whooped and needing a nap! :P




After we all had our nap and ate some lunch, we children waiting inside while my parents hid the eggs.  I think Easter egg hunting is fun, (some might think me too old, but I don't think you're ever too old to have fun with lil' munchkins!).  Watching Anna and Charlie running around and yelling is quite amusing....




remains of a smooshed egg...






The End.
God is good.



1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful resurrection Sunday!! Your pics are presh! :)

    ReplyDelete