Sunday, July 10, 2011

Today I Am....Filled with His Joy and Peace

"The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul....the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart..."
 
Psalm 19:7 & 8

My Jesus is SO good and faithful to me! wow......yeah, He's amazing!  Last night, I was in...."the depths of despair."  No really, I was depressed, down, defeated...whatever you want to call it. I was miserable - I was a slave to sin and that is a horrible place to be in.  It was one of those times when I just need Jesus, right then.  I couldn't really pray, except to cry out for help.  All I could do was read the Bible, and even then, I didn't even know what to read.   I started in John and just read for about 40 minutes.  I didn't get an insight, or a rhema, and no verse really popped out at me, but at the end of that time, I was starting to feel God's peace in my soul. 

This morning, I woke up excited to read God's Word!  I wanted to know what He was going to show me! I wanted to drink more of that living water - to become more satisfied in Him! So, after getting my coffee, I settled down in my bed to soak up some more Truth.  "Purposeful Intimacy," an article written by one of my friends, was what I read first. I would strongly encourage you to go and read it, and then make some changes in your life, as God leads! Through reading that, I knew that I need to make some changed in my life.  Then, I continued reading in John....then journaling...and some more reading......by the end of my time in the Word, I was a totally different person than that depressed girl last night! Praise the King!  His Word transformed me, in just a matter of minutes! I was filled with His peace, "that passes all understanding;" His joy, His rest.....oh man! It was good. It *is* good!  Because I am still walking in peace, that joy, that wonder of His love for me and His goodness to me!   

I write all this to let you know of God's amazing faithfulness in my life!  He is SO worthy of all that I am! If you're ever feeling down, and need a picking up, just read God's Word.  It "revives the soul and rejoices the heart!"  

May you find joy, peace and freedom in our Savior today!
Always His,
bailey =)

2 comments:

  1. Amen! God truly is faithful! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bailey, this is what the Lord wanted me to hear today!

    ReplyDelete