Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Practicing Thankfulness Through My Lens...

    For a while now, I have been wanting to start a list of things I am thankful for.  I was inspired by
Ann Voskamp and her book "One Thousand Gifts - A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are." Her  testimony in the book is that she practiced gratitude by making a list of one thousand things she was thankful for…and as she began thanking God for even the small things in life, she realized that her heart was filled with joy.  And that practicing thankfulness had helped her to live fully right where God had placed her… 

    I love going to her blog (www.aholyexperience.com) and reading what the Lord puts on her heart.  But, probably more than that, I love her photography.  Ann has a gift for capturing the small, everyday details of life in a way that makes me want to grab my camera and capture the every day things that I am thankful for.  She is an inspiration to me, not only in her habit of thankfulness, but also in her photography.  

    As most of you know, photography is my passion.  I can't get enough of it!  However, with my life lately, I have hardly picked up my camera at all.  *insert guilty face*  But, I still love it!  So, in hopes of furthering my photography skills - and simply not wanting to loose the things I have learned - and wanting to practice being grateful for the everyday details in life, I have decided to start a project here on my blog! 

    My desire is that everyday I would pull out my camera and take a picture of something I am thankful for, and then post it here on my blog.  I'm hoping it will be a challenge, and a good habit for me, to practice thankfulness and take better pictures. 

    So, without further ado...

|| thankfulness through my lens || 

// playing board games with my family //



// this crazy, adorable, snuggly kitten //



No comments:

Post a Comment