Thursday, February 27, 2014

|| thankfulness through my lens ||


\\ this man \\ 


My dad turned the whoppin' 50 years-old today. What a great guy. =)

Seriously, this man is amazing.  He loves Jesus,  loves minions, has silver (NOT gray) hair, is a fantastic writer/theologian, and even graciously lets his daughter beat him (multiple times) in board games.  I love my dad. And I have learned a lot from him.

He's taught me that….
  • God never, ever changes
  • You should make time for those you love
  • It is always the right moment to break out in dance
  • You should talk to your mom often
  • You shouldn't eat Cheetos and write at the same time - it makes your keyboard orange :P 
  • You should follow what Jesus is showing you to do - even if everyone thinks you're crazy 
  • It is a good thing to win and lose graciously
  • I need to entrust those that I love most to the Lord
  • Sometimes its more important to be quiet than to prove that you're right - even if you are.
  • I should choose my words carefully
  • Don't  ever waste your time on gross coffee - get the good stuff!
  • When you do the things that your loved-ones like to do, even if you don't like doing them, it makes them feel loved. 
  • Family is important.
  • There is nothing that I can ever do that'll separate me from God's love. 
  • It is better to put your trust in the Lord than to trust in man (Psalm 118:8)

Papa, I can never thank you enough for your godly example in my life; how you've led and guided me; prayed for me; trusted in me and taught me what it means to follow after Jesus.  

I hope, pray and trust that these next fifty years will be even better than the first. 

Love you.
Love,
Your lil pooh bear =)



No comments:

Post a Comment