Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Abundantly Above

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we can ask or think, according to power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."    Ephesians 3:20

I believe that verse with all my heart, because that is what my Savior is doing in my life, right now! If you don't believe that there is a God, let me tell ya, "THERE IS A GOD!!!"
It all started two weeks ago, Friday. My family and I were at a friend's picnic. They were having a "missionary report" evening, and wanted my brother, Kyle, to share about his time in Taiwan.  The evening was going fine, nothing particularly exciting, but then this guy, Steve, got up to share about his summer.  He spent the whole summer at Ellerslie School of Honor.  When he said that, my mom and I both perked up and looked at each other. He talked out about his amazing time there; how every day was about cultivating his relationship with God, and constantly yielding to Him. After he spoke Mom and I went over to talk to him and his wife Kara.  It was great to talk to them; they told us more about their time at Ellerslie.  They both are so passionate for God! :) When we said goodbye, Steve told us that he had a burden for my dad, and our family.  So, he gave us his number and email.  When we left that night, my mom and I were both pumped. I said to her, "Mom, we have to start praying that Papa can go to Ellerslie!"  So we did...and amazing things happened.
So, I'm going to make this version a littler short.  on Saturday, Me and my mom told my dad about Friday night, and he told us that God had been speaking to him this whole week.  All he hear was, "Bible school. Bible teaching."  That made my mom and I really excited, so we told him all about our conversation with Steve and Kara.  On Sunday, God worked spoke to my dad, and "bid him to come." (long story) so on Monday, my dad checked out the Ellerslie website. Now, he knew nothing about Eric and Leslie Ludy, except that I had gone to their conference, and I read their books. So, he email the secretary, Sandi, and asked her about the ten week training program, and housing and all of the info.  (I don't know how exact the details will be, but I'll try to remember as much as possible.)  Sandi didn't get back to my dad till Tuesday; but she said Eric would be giving us a call.  So, on Wednesday I'm home with Anna and Charlie, and the phone rings and I see on the caller I.D. : Eric Ludy. !!!!  So I answered it, and we talked for a minute, then my dad came in and they talked for about an hour.  all the while I'm hyperventilating, cause Eric Ludy is talking to my dad. :)  An hour later, he gets off the phone, grinning from ear to ear.  Here's how it went.
Me: "Soooo??  Can you tell me something!?!?!"
"Well....I want to tell you mom."
"So, you can't tell me anything. Not even a little?"  I wanted to know something, DUH!
 He could tell I was excited, and he  was excited so he did tell me something. He said," Well, they have a house for us.  A couple from Australia bought it and can't move in till next summer, so they're going to let people from Ellerslie use it till they move in.  The rent on the house would be $2800, but somehow, we are only going to have to pay $400 a month."  So I don't remember all of what he told me, but I do remember what Eric said, "There's a place for the O'Brien family."
Alright.....fast version....Papa told Mom what Eric said.  Papa told Shane that we were maybe going to move to Colorado for three months, and he was all for it! (answer to prayer) Papa told Anna, and after she knew that it was only for three months, and there are two girls her age a block away, (Steve and Kara's daughters) she was OK with the idea....Mom called Kara to ask if they would come over Thursday to tell us a little bit more about their journey...so they did!
So, on Thursday Steve and Kara Rosen and family, came over to have lunch.  They have four adorable children: Kate (12), Anna (10), Stephen (8) and Nathan (4).  Just Anna and Charlie's ages - perfect! :)
We sat down for lunch and for three hours, nonstop, we talked about Ellerslie, and all the amazing things that God did in their family.  As we talked, a bond formed between our families...we hit it off right away!  Kara showed us pictures of their time there, (now I'm so excited for all the photo ops!) and somehow we got talking about the house we might stay in. It's a really nice house, but totally empty.  Well, Steve and Kara have this whole house in storage, (quick side note: Steve and Kara and family are now moving out to Colorado, near the Ellerslie campus) and they didn't want to take all of their stuff. BUT it turns out that they have a washer and dryer, and a couch that they're going to give us to put in our new house!  So, they are going to furnish our house for us! (another answer to prayer!!)
So, that night I am sitting in bed remember the events from the past three days.....and all of a sudden it hits me: We are going to Ellerslie School of Honor, our whole family!!!!!!!!!  and GOD is performing amazing miracles to get us there!!!! 
I ran out to find Mom and was freaking out for like twenty minutes, (a good freaking out)!  I was like,"Tell me that there isn't a God, because I will tell you that there is! He parted the red Sea, and now He's working miracles in the life of Bailey O'Brien!!!!!!!!!!!   The whole night this was ringing in my mind: "He can do exceedingly and abundantly, above all that we can ask think or imagine!!"  and that's exactly what He was/is doing for us!!! :D I was ecstatic!

So, I tried to remember the most important details, and I hope you can understand what all is going on, cause it's so cool!! (you can email me if you don't understand some of it:P)
But I just wanted to let ya'll know, that my family and I, as of the end of September are moving to Windsor, Colorado for three months, to attend the ten week program at Ellerslie School of Honor.
I am so excited to go, and so excited to see all that God has in store for all of us there!
There is a God! and HE IS AMAZING!!! and love's to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we can ask think or imagine! 

*Bailey* 

4 comments:

  1. BAILEY O'BRIEN!!!!!!!!!!! I am freaking out right now with you!!!!! that is AMAZING!!!!!! You are going to have to do a lot of blogging/emailing me while you are there because I CANNOT wait to hear about it! Are you going to be attending Ellerslie with your Papa, too? Or will you just be staying there with him and your family?
    Oh and, if Eric Ludy called my house, and I answered the phone, I think I would die. :D :D
    Thank you SO MUCH for sharing how God has been faithful in your family and your life and for how He can do whatever He desires!
    I am SO excited for you! Beyond belief!
    Really, I could go on for a long time here....without stopping. Just the fact that you got to talk to one person who went there is enough to give me goosebumps! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to tell you in person SO BAD!!!!!!!!!! Remember when we said we wanted to go to Ellerslie together? I cannot get over it!! I am so excited! :D yeah, any of us can attend as many sessions as we want to, I think. :P
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW back!!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not forgotten us saying we wanted to go together! I am SO excited for you I am bouncing in my seat!!
    Oh BAILEY. :D As SOON as you get there and see what it's like we are going to have a LOOOOOONG phone conversation, okay? God is going to do INCREDIBLE THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh def! A phone conversation would be grand! plus, I'll take pics of everything, so you can see everything! I wish you could come with me!! Oh, and I am SO AMAZED and EXCITED to see what God will do! :D

    ReplyDelete