Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Two Days and Counting!

So, my family and I are SUPER busy getting our horribly messy house, all packed up to go to Colorado for three months. It's a job, let me tell ya.  It's really hard trying to fit just half of your clothes into two little tubs. (arg!! woe is me) 

Yesterday was our first day of packing, and I was sick. Miserable.  So after cleaning the toy room, I took a nap - a three hour nap to be exact.  It felt really good, but, alas, I still was sick the rest of the day, so I didn't get much done last night. :P

Today, I got up feeling MUCH better! Praise God!  I took a warm bath, ate peanitbutter oatmeal,:P  and then started packing my clothes.  I think I got everything that I wanted.....we'll have yet to see. :-/  Then, this afternoon we took a break, got some ice cream, and went to Walmart, (whoohoo).  It was a wonderful trip in good, ol, wallyworld. :P   Anyhoo...we got home, and kept packing. 
Then my mother told me to sort the socks, which I am convinced is the worst job in the whole entire world.  But, Shane came and joined me, :) sort of.  He sat down, and then eventually he just laid on top of the socks. He was a HUGE help!  (jk, that was sarcasm).  But, finally at 11:00 pm. we called it a day. 

So, we only have tomorrow left to pack up all our stuff, and clean this messy house.
I hope you enjoyed reading about my exciting packing days! :P 

I don't think I'll be posting for awhile, cause we're leaving on Thursday, and won't get to Colorado till the 4th, and then who knows how long it'll take us to unpack. :P 
So, ta ta for now! 

bailey :)

6 comments:

  1. I hope you guys can get yourselves packed up and feeling better for your trip. I'm gonna miss you like CRAZY! But I know this is an amazing opportunity and God is leading you where you need to go! Praying for you!!! Lots of Love! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA you are funny! What a hectic time for your family!!! But I KNOW it will be so amazing, and create such good memories, too! I SO look forward to everything that happens to you.....write when you can : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Hannah! I'm gonna miss you something twoderful! ;) thanks for praying. Lots of love more =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Reeve, I'll try to write soon after I get there, but I'm not promising. :P
    Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always HATED sorting socks, too..... then we decided not to live with it, but find a way around sorting socks! Our solution? We call them "sock bags"! They're really just mesh laundry bags with zippers and everyone puts their own socks in their own bag before washing. Then everyone gets their own bag to fold after washing. NO SORTING! You should try it. ;-) Here's a picture, but you can buy them in most Wal-Mart type stores... http://www.crateandbarrel.com/outlet/laundry/mesh-laundry-bags/f35827

    I've already told you this, but we're praying God will bless your trip & your stay while you're gone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol Ranelle. =) That's a good idea, thanks!
    and thanks for praying. =)

    ReplyDelete