Friday, September 17, 2010

Fully Surrendered to My Precious Savior

I love it when the Lord shows awesome things to me! It's so cool because I know that I never could have come up with this on my own.
I was cleaning at my boss' today, and this fleeting thought about a certain guy and marriage came into my mind.  Kind of without thinking about it I gave that thought to the Lord.  Then I thought about it, and God gave me a little rhema.... =) 
'm often worried about not being wholly surrendered God .  In the quiet of the morning, when no one has disturbed me, yet, and I'm sipping on my coffee I wonder, "How do I fully surrender to Christ?"  Well, it's after someone has disturbed me, or I'm thinking about guys, that I have the choice to surrender.  "Will I give my frustration and dreams to God, right now?" 

Yes, I do believe that someone can have an altar experience and in that moment be wholly surrendered, I do.  But I also believe that it's when we're in the battle, that the decisions that we make will bring us one way or another. We're presented with a choice; that choice can either lead us to our own pleasures...or it can take us one step closer to living a wholeheartedly, surrendered life to Christ.
It's the little steps; the daily moment by moment, thought by thought, choice by choice that is going to direct my steps and determine the shape of my heart in the end. 

I give all the glory to my Precious Redeemer and Friend for all that He is showing me.  Lord, help me to live it out! 

He is a good God.



2 comments:

  1. Bailey- I LOVE how you write and the insights you share! God really speaks to me through your writing!
    And I love how you said that you were thinking about how to be fully surrendered, and then it was in the situations where you could choose self or God, to then make the CHOICE to be surrendered in that moment. Thank you for the encouragement! What a beautiful and powerful statement!
    I love you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Reeve, but I can't take any of the credit. All glory goes to God!
    I love you too!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete