Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 2



Mom wanted ya'll to know that peace sign up there doesn't mean peace.  It means "Day 2."  (gotta love her!)  So....Day 2.  We got up and headed over to the World's only Corn Palace.  I don't know if ya'll have heard of it before..but I can definitely see why it's free admission. :P  The outsied was cool, but otherwise, not that impressive.  Here, I'll show ya. 

OK, it's not the actual Corn Palace, but it's a pic of it from the early 1900's. :P
After that we got in the van for a four hour ride. Our destination: Wall Drug.  It was cool to drive in South Dakota. I had always thought of it as a very boring state, but that's cause I had never seen it before.  After driving through it, I know think it is a really cool, beautiful place!  Seeing the Black Hills was really cool! We finally made it to our destination, and headed in to see all about the famous Wall Drug.  It really is cool.  We spent a few hours looking around, then had lunch in the cafe, and then looked around some more, bought some souveniers, (an opal ring for me) and got back in the van. 
 



So adorable!


I thought this was so precious, so I had to take a pic....then I found out that I wasn't supposed to do that. :P

Isn't that cute?!  I love them!

So, there's just a snipped of our trip to Wall Drug.  Pretty amazing, huh? :P 

Come back later for more about my travels! =)



5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun!!! I love the lil family picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 the pic of u and ur mom!! SSo cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about your time in SD! Glad to hear that the drive across the state was better than expected! ;)

    Isn't Wall Drug fun? There is so much enjoyment and history all in one stop here. Thanks for sharing!

    Katlyn Richter
    South Dakota Office of Tourism
    www.travelsd.com

    ReplyDelete