Saturday, October 9, 2010

With All My Heart

Jeremiah 29:13 says,
"And you will seek Me and you will find Me if you search for Me with ALL your heart."
I am seeking God.  My heart is crying out to know Him more - to really know Him as my best Friend!   I've read that verse before thinking, "Oh, I'll seek God and I'll find Him! Yeah for me."  But...no. That's not it.  It says,
"If you search for Me with ALL of your heart."  That means no other competing affections - no idols - nothing that takes place over Christ.  Do you know how hard that is?  Do I know how hard that is? To actually take things out of your life that you love and hold dear, and totally remove it, so that you can learn to love Christ better, is not easy.  But I know that whenever God calls me to do something He will ALWAYS be right beside me, holding my hand, and and gently nudging me out of the boat.  I need to remind myself of that......because too much I focus on what I will be loosing, instead of looking at everything I will be gaining!  There's the old slogan that says, "No pain, no gain."  How true.

Dear friends, pray for me.  That I would seek Christ with ALL of my heart.  With ALL of my soul.  And with ALL of my being.  I want to know, to really know, the Creator of the universe.  I want Him to fill me.....not empty, earthly things that don't last. 


So, as I finish writing this, and go back to real life, I am beginning a quest. 

A quest to seek God with ALL my heart. 

Will you join me?

5 comments:

  1. YES. Of course. I'd love to join you! :D
    (though I think we were already joined in seeking after Him together :D)
    I find it such a privledge and JOY to seek after God along with dear friends...it is truly one of the most beautiful things on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. that is what I have been doing these last few months, seeking God with my whole heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dearest!

    Yes, I will join you in seeking the Lord with all my heart =) He is SO WORTHY!!!
    I wanted to tell you that this past weekend I listened to most of the Taste of Elerslie weekend that happened a few weeks ago. Wow, it was so special. So, I feel even closer to you because of being in the Ludy world this past weekend =) I love you and I'm looking forward to seeing all that God has in store for you and your family! To HIM be AlL the GLORY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is so cool! I love you too!
    God is SOO amazing!! He continues to reveal Himself to me in so many ways! He is SO worthy of all our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!!! I've been challenged by this lately. God doesn't just want a part of me, my life, my desires... He wants ALL of me!!

    ReplyDelete