Saturday, October 9, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Finally!  What you've all been waiting for!  Day four: we packed up and left South Dakota! (whoop, whoop!)  And it didn't take us long to get to Wyoming.  This is pretty much, it.
me in the never-ending state.

Oh look! A tree!!

So, we drove for six more hours and finally we started seeing signs for Windsor, Colorado. :D :D :D
When we arrived at our new home, Sandi (the secretary at Ellerslie) was there to meet us with three Ellerslie girls.  We walked in the house, and Charlie screamed, "Oh look, there's fur on the stairs!"  :P  I felt just like a little girl: squealing at everything!  I also felt like I was in one of those Extreme Home Makeover shows.  God is SO good!  He could have put us in a shack for three months, but instead he put us in a huge, gorgeous house, with a quaint back round, and a pond in the front yard, with the mountains as the backdrop! And He did it because He loves us!
Then Sandi made a phone call and twenty-plus Ellerslie students came over and helped us unpack our uhaul. I only got to meet a few of them, but I'll meet the rest later. :)  They all were really nice, and smiley, and soon our house was filled with our stuff!

So this isn't the best pic of our house, but it is something.

          the front of our house


                                                                       the side our home

                                                           the pond out our front yard.
 

the backyard - Shane thought it looked like a mini golf course. :P

So, I only have a few of the inside of the house....but I will put more up later. ;)


our lovely living room! I took this picture from our balcony - yes we have a balcony. =)


our gorgeous kitchen (excuse Shane's water bottle).


our "study hall."  I couldn't get a pic of the whole room, so it doesn't look that impressive. sorry.


Oh, isn't this just beautiful! I love how every sunrise and sunset is different!


Well, I hope you can kind of get an idea of where I live, and the awesome place God has put me in!  He is a great God, and He loves to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we can ask think or imagine!

Praising Him,
Bailey =)

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is amazing!!!! Isn't God GREAT!?!?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your pictures! And how the students helped you unpack.....ahhh Ellerslie. : )
    And isn't God just amazing?! Putting you in such a beautiful spot (that lake...oh my goodness!). I can just imagine all sorts of beautiful fellowship with new friends, your family, and wonderful times spent with the Lord!
    Thank you for sharing all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful place that God took you to. Its totally lovely.

    ReplyDelete