Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Three Insights

I have been reading in 1 Chronicles and I finally got past the nine chapters of genealogy stuff (yay!!) and began to read some actual stories.  As I began reading, God gave me three really neat insights/challenges.  And I wanted to share them with you. 

1) "So Saul died for his breach of faith.  He broke faith with the Lord in that he did not keep the command of the Lord, and also consulted a medium, seeking guidance.  He did not seek guidance from the LORD.  Therefore the LORD put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David the son of Jesse."  1 Chron 10:13-14  
Whoa......that is some serious stuff.  Saul actually died because he didn't believe God!  What is that saying to you and me?  We had better believe God!!  But, praise Jesus, that it doesn't have to be hard to believe Jesus.  If He said it, He'll do it, and He can't lie, so we can put our confidence in those two facts. 

2)  "Of Zebulun, 50,000 season troops equipped for the battle with all the weapons of war, to help David with singleness of purpose."  12:33

What a picture of what the Church is supposed to be today!!  We are called to:  be equipped, with ALL the weapons of warfare, to help our King with singleness of purpose (no competing affections of distractions!).  Oh, if only we Christians could grab a hold of this!!

3) "All these men of war, arraying in battle order, came to Hebron with full intent to make David king over all Israel.  Likewise, all the rest of Israel were of single mind to make David king."  12:38
 
and the KJV:  "All these men of war, that could keep rank, came with a perfect heart to Hebron, to make David king over all Israel: and all the rest also of Israel [were] of one heart to make David king."

I know this is somewhat similar to the previous verse, but W.O.W.  Again, if the modern Church could grasp a hold of this Truth today, the world would be turned upside down!!  Our one thought of each day, our one reason why we live should be, "Our King needs to receive His due!"  Our only intent in life should be to see Jesus recognized as KING over all the earth!!  That, my friends, is our glory, pride and joy.  This is our privilege. 





O Lord, give me singleness of purpose! Grant to me a warrior's heart - the passion to see You receive all the glory and praise that is due your almighty Name!  
Amen.                                             

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff! I really like 1 Chronicles 11:1-3... when you realize that David symbolizes Jesus and Israel us, it makes it SO profound.
    Love the picture, too! I miss that place!
    ~*~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. the depth of scripture is SO amazing!! I really miss Ellerslie too! I want to go back so bad!!
    <3 Bailey

    ReplyDelete