Sunday, January 30, 2011

::Faith is Believing::

Well, here I am again.....another uneventful day, just chillin', and I wanted to write.  So, here I am! =)  The next thing I will be writing on is something more serious - the reason why I live.

Step 12)  What do you believe?

I Believe....

~The only reason why I am living is to give God glory.  

~ Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God, the God who created the heavens and the earth.

~ Jesus, died a horrific, grueling death, for me and for you. But, He did not stay dead, He defeated death, so that you and I might live with Him forever.  However, He did not just come so that we might believe in Him and then continue living our sinful, selfish, "all about me" lives.  NO.
He came so that we might live our lives to God, for His renown, so that Christ might receive the glory due His name. 

"For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that One has died for all, therefore all have died; and He died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for Him, who for their sake died and was raised."   2 Corinthians 5:14-15

~ The commission for me, and all who confess Christ to be their Lord is this:

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into His glorious light."  
1 Peter 2:9

~ That I am not called to live a mediocre, selfish Christian life, (no one is!).  God has called each one of us to be separate from the World - to have no love for the world, or the things in the world. 

~ That I am supposed to save myself, both physically and emotionally/spiritually, for my future husband.  It is wrong for me to give any of myself to any one except the man that God has chosen for me.  I want to protect my purity as much as I can, so that at my wedding day I can give my whole heart to my husband.  The kind of relationship that I desire, and that God desires for me is one where my husband and I each love God more than the other - that our love for God far surpasses our love for each other.
I want to get to the point where I am so fulfilled in Christ, that I would be totally fine if God didn't bring a man into my life - where God would be enough for me.

~ And lastly, but not least,  I believe that I am called to love the Lord with ALL that is within me. 

"You shall love the Lord, you God with ALL your heart and with ALL your soul and with ALL your mind.  This is the first commandment and the second is like it:  You shall love your neighbor as yourself."   Matthew 22:37-39

Now, although I have already written much about what I believe, that is barely scratching the surface.  There is way more!!  I hope I am not coming across as if I have accomplished all of this, because that would be a lie! I am not perfect, nor will I ever be perfect, (that's why Jesus came!) but I am writing all of this because this is what I read in Scripture, and I believe God's Word. However, these are my goals - this is they way I am aiming to live my life. And I want you all to know that I CANNOT do any of this on my own!  I can only do this because of CHRIST!  HE is the One who gives me the desire and strength to accomplish what He has called me to do.

Soli Deo Gloria - to God alone be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment